Naturopathic and Integrative Family Medicine
Naturopathic doctors (NDs, naturopathic physicians, naturopaths) are medically trained, board certified doctors with an expertise in holistic, integrative, functional and natural medicine.
Your family naturopathic doctor can work alongside you family medical doctor to provide safe, complementary and natural health care.
Family naturopathic medical care can be accessed directly by making an appointment or by referral from your family medical doctor. An ND can update your family medical doctor on your progress so they remain at the center of your care.
A naturopathic doctor is an advocate for patient centered, preventative health care that incorporates natural medicine. This makes NDs ideal family health care providers. Using a systems based approach, an ND seeks to optimize and restore balance to the body.
- House calls
- Physical exams
- Diagnostic and functional labs
- Well child exams
- Wellness care
- Diet and meal planning
- Preventative medicine
- Environmental medicine
- Non-pharmacological treatment of common sudden and long term health problems (non emergency)
- Immune system: Colds and flu, autoimmune conditions, recurrent infections
- Cardiovascular system: Hypertension, heart disease
- Endocrine system: Thyroid problems, diabetes, menopause, female and male hormone balance
- Musculoskeletal system: joint pain, osteoarthritis, injury, strains and sprains
- Gastrointestinal system: GERD, IBS, nutritional deficiencies
- Neurological system: Stress, anxiety, depression, pain, fatigue